Monday, November 26, 2012

having fun with colors

Yes, tis the season. time to make sure I have lots of the smaller items that I know people will want to get and give. The potholders and eyeglass cases. The placemats and table runners. You know the drill.
After all, I do have one more craft show to do--and what a show it is also. CraftBoston at the Cycloramo on Tremont Street in Boston, December 7-9.  Have you ever been? What a wonderful building. Just being inside takes you back to another century. So much detail and extravagance. And yes, the work is gorgeous too.  Ninety of the best fine craft artists around. Definitely worth the trip into Boston. You can even take the subway. For more info: http://www.societyofcrafts.org/cbholiday/holidayinfo.asp

But I digress. You see, I have been doing lots of color progressions. You know--placemats in gold or brown. Rusts or reds. Always fun to do. And they do look great if I do say so myself.

Placemat in gold--by Ann Brauer. Quilts.

But then I decided it was time to play. What if I made a placemat that used green and brown and yellow? Maybe a bit of rust. That would be fun, wouldn't it? And give me a new challenge.

Placemat--earth tones by Ann Brauer.  

How cool is that. Maybe I need to make a table runner also. Part of my landscape series. It could even be a wall hanging, couldn't it?

Table runner--by Ann Brauer. Quilts.

Yes, maybe an eyeglass case. Why not?

Eyeglass case--by Ann Brauer. Quilts.
Yes, I'm onto something. Maybe I should do a set with more rusts than green? That could be lovely. What other colors? Why do I always get inspired at the last minute? Does this happen to you, too?



No comments:

Post a Comment