Friday, July 1, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--celebrating 30 years in business

Wow--can you believe it is July 1 already. How quickly time flies. We are having delightful early summer weather right now (knock on wood).  Enough rain that the Siberian iris were absolutely gorgeous in my garden this year. The Japanese iris and daylilies are just starting to bloom and promise quite a show--so many buds waiting to open. It is hard to anticipate the color that will occur. The peas have been plentiful--nothing like eating one's vegetable fresh from the vine. There are lots of little green tomatoes and soon the basil will be ready for pesto. What a summer treat. I do occasionally post pictures of my garden on Facebook if you are curious:
http://www.facebook.com/AnnBrauerQuiltStudio.

This July 1 also marks my thirtieth year in business--can you believe that? When I look back at this incredible journey, I get so thankful for all the wonderful people I have met along the way and the many adventures I have had. Maybe I will reminisce more later.  I still must admit though that my favorite quilt is the one I am working on right now--or maybe the one I just finished or plan to start. This is the way it is supposed to be, isn't it?

Meanwhile I will be showing my quilts this year at the Guilford Craft Show on the Town Common in Guilford CT July 14-17. Those who have been to the show know that it is a delightful location with lots of wonderful work under cheerful white tents. Outside but protected. I am in Booth B16. This year they have even added Sunday hours. So if you are in the area, I do hope you will plan to check it out. For further information you can visit their website http://www.guilfordartcenter.org/expo  In August I will be doing the Berkshire Craft Show at Monument Mountain High School in Great Barrington, MA and then the American Craft Exposition in Evanston, IL--but more on those shows next month.  I hope to be in the studio as much as possible when I am not doing these shows--but do call or e-mail me first if you are coming from a distance.

And now for the quilt of the month....I have decided that this months quilt will be November dawn. Again this quilt is 45 x45 inches. I love the colors in the piece--slightly out of the ordinary. Indeed I love this quilt but it is my 30th anniversary so I should give a gift to my loyal followers. The normal price is $1200 but for the next ten days only it is $600 plus tax and shipping of course.  Again there is only one of these quilts--it will be sold on a first come/first serve basis. On July 11 if the quilt is not sold, its price will return to $1200. So--if you are interested, please e-mail me.




Have a great summer--hope you are getting just the right amounts of rain and sun where you live.

And thanks so much for being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment