Thursday, July 21, 2011

it's too damn hot!!!

OK--the heat wave has finally made it up to New England. Now I know that for those of you in other parts of the United States you are probably thinking what a spoiled quiltmaker I am--after all, so far this weather has been relatively pleasant up here. And we do know that a bit of hot weather is good for the tomatoes and basil. But--let's face it--I am a spoiled. Enough said.

Luckily I just got new images back from my photographer John Polak. You can check out his web site HERE.  I even posted them on my web site last night which is HERE.  So without further ado--let me preview the images for you. What do you think? Which is your favorite?


Desert solitaire--45 x 45 inches.


Don't you just love this close-up?



Reflections on the night--45 x 45 inches.


Hidden lake--45 x 43".


Autumn dawn--50 x 70 inches.



 Into the woods--99 x 99 inches. Used as a bed quilt.

Isn't my photographer great? Which is your favorite? Which themes should I work on? And more importantly what are you doing to stay nice and cool?












2 comments:

  1. shimmering quality of the quilts is just like the heat.....
    Humidx 48 today (and this is Canada, the frozen north!) I stay indoors as much as I can, run cold water over my wrists and ankles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been hot, humid and hostile to cloth handling here for a month. My studio and projects languish. I am so grateful to have a pool and spend too much time just wallowing in it. I am pruned past recovery.

    ReplyDelete