Monday, April 5, 2010

upcoming shows of Ann Brauer

Wow--all of a sudden it's spring. Daffodils, forsythia, the chorus of peepers. This year it happened so quickly--one day there was snow on the ground and brown--the next day the grass was green and I was planting my peas.

I've been so busy I barely have time to observe the changes except in the small wonderful ways--the door to my studio is now open, I can hear the rush of the river. On the way to the post office I can walk across the Bridge of Flowers in beautiful Shelburne Falls.

Later this month I am honored to be doing the Smithsonian Craft Show at the National Building Museum in Washington, DC April 22-25. This is one of the premier shows in the country--over 1300 applicants for 125 spaces. Needless to say I was surprised and excited to get in and have been working non-stop to get ready. If you are in the area, check it out. http://www.smithsoniancraftshow.org





Then I will be in a lovely two woman show--A Sense of Place--at the Blue Stone Gallery in Milford, PA April 30-June 6. I am looking forward to seeing the work of Karen Henderson who has some wonderful subtle takes on landscapes. Check it out http://www.bluestonegallerymilford.com

For those in the Boston area,  watch for this quilt on Channel 5's Chronicle--they came out to western Massachusetts to film Josh Simpson and other artists in Shelburne Falls. They even stopped by my studio. This was a favorite piece--see if it is included. I'm not sure when it'll be aired yet--I'll try to let you know.




Then I have the Paradise City Arts Festival at the PA Convention Center in Philadelphia--but more on that later. http://www.paradisecityarts.com

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting in the Smithsonian show - it's been a premier "catch" for craftspeople for decades. And the National Building Museum is so fabulous! Your work is exquisite, I'm sure you will do quite well there . . .

    ReplyDelete