Tuesday, May 23, 2017

36 and still standing

I was writing a proposal for a talk I am going to give next year to a lovely quilt group when it hit me--I really and truly have been in business for 36 years come this July 1. Thirty six years!!! That is a long time. And guess what--I still love what I do!!!

Most mornings I wake up and can't wait to get to the studio. I still have so many ideas of quilts I want to make. I remember in one of Anne Truitt's books she said her problem was not how to get inspired but how to choose which direction she wanted to go. I often feel like that. It is so unfair that my quilts take longer to make than my ideas take to form--does that happen to you?

Anyhow I decided I should celebrate being in business for 36 years--maybe a party. Although that is work.  Maybe a sale. Stay tuned. But also what about 36 blog posts. Short notes on whatever strikes me. I haven't written as much as I might like in the last few years but 36 years is a time for dancing. Strutting my stuff. Celebrating. Don't you think?

So this is my first post. And I will end it with an image of my quilt "green circle" that I still love so much I chose it for the new banner I am making for my studio. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile life is a celebration regardless of what they say. So do give me more ideas of topics to write about. And if you are in Shelburne Falls my studio is open most days so drop by and say hi.

green circle--quilt--ann brauer--2015--photo by John Polak





No comments:

Post a Comment