Wednesday, June 25, 2014

the quilts of Ann Brauer--Grand Opening Party June 28



You all are invited to a party June 28 at my new studio. There were so many people I needed to thank for making it happen. So many people I wanted to see. In the darkest hours after Irene, the thought of the opening party brought tears to my eyes. Now I don't recommend becoming a poster child for CERF+ which I am--not worth it. Although I do thank them for the help. And yes, I made that quilt AFTER Irene.

As well as the West County Relief Fund, the many friends who helped in so many different ways--the woman who spent the day before starting the new dream job she had worked so many years to get. My friends the craftspeople who helped just before a major craft show.  I told them they didn't have to but they returned just after the show and spent more time putting up my window film. Scott and Kate. Scott and Kate. The quilt makers who sent me precious contributions of fabric that I so desperately needed. The two great fabric stores in my area. Awesome. My amazing DH. Over and over. Those who helped me set up the temporary studio. So many hours these people gave me when I needed it most. I appreciate each and every thing you did.

Yes, it is time for a party.  I am in my new studio!! Of course, when I have had to choose between making quilts or promoting the party--well, sometimes the party won out and sometimes the quilts won out. That is what the new studio is made for after all. The light is absolutely fantastic. Thank you George Dole, Jr for listening to what I wanted and making it so much more what I wanted. The construction in awesome. Thanks Dole Brothers and the entire crew with a big shout out to George Dole himself who kept all the pieces going. What a great job you have done. Wait until you see the polished floor. I love it.


I confess I spend more time than I should just admiring the detail of the wood work. The mitered joints are beautiful. Thanks Scott. The finish is so smooth and shiny. Thanks Mike. And Spike. I love my polished floor. It is so substantial.

And of course those who did all the construction work. How many hours and days and weeks they spent digging the foundation--thanks Bucky and crew. Pouring the concrete. Raising the structure.



They had a cat walk to get the roof trusses installed--I didn't get much work done that day.

The many sub--contractors. Tim and Jim. Dale. The railing is great. The floor polisher who worked until midnight one day to get it done. My neighbors who let them use their space. Chris and Josh and Mike. My neighbors at my temporary space--Ellie, Kelly, Tiffany, Bob. My friends who encouraged me to go through with this process and gave me guidance to get it done. And of course, again my DH who put up with me in the stresses of construction.


OK. I could go on.

Instead it is time to party. The Grand Opening Party is June 28 from 4-7 and you are invited. Of course you are invited to the studio when I am open. I love to show it off. July 4 is the annual parade in town. Fire engines and old cars. Rescue vehicles and bicycles. It should go right past my studio. I can't wait. There is always the beauty of the Bridge of Flowers and the many great shops in Shelburne Falls. Then August will bring the Berkshire Craft Fair and the American Craft Exposition in Evanstion.  And for those who can't make it, I do have an Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/annbrauer  Or you can just follow me on the Internet. That is OK too.

And to everyone. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.



Ann Brauer
2 Conway Street
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370

No comments:

Post a Comment