Tuesday, December 3, 2013

the quilts of Ann Brauer--winter light


Dear all,

Can you believe how dark it now is in the afternoon? It is definitely getting to be that time to hunker down by the fire (or in my case the sewing machine--and I do love the new motor by the way) and wait for the sun to return. Now certainly there are wonders to be seen in the night sky--Orion is rising higher and higher in the sky. The Milky Way flows across the sky. Sadly the Comet Ison flew too close to the sun. Although coming home from a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner after just learning the news, I did see a wonderful shooting star streak across the horizon and the Pleideas were high in the sky. Yes, I made this quilt--moon rising--in anticipation of the season.
moon rising--32x48"--quilt--Ann Brauer
Enough already. I am busy getting ready for CraftBoston this week-end. Always I look forward to this show--there is so much delightful work that I often find just that little something for my wonderful step children or even myself. This year it is at the Hynes Auditorium in Boston and promises to be larger than ever. For hours and more information do check out their web site: http://www.societyofcrafts.org/cbholiday/holidayinfo.asp I am Booth 505.

Maybe it is the season, but I got inspired to make a few tea cozies this year so I could linger by the fire sipping my cup of... Of course they will be at my studio where I am working most days--unless I am at CraftBoston or the weather threatens. For those who can't make it to Shelburne Falls, I have listed several of them on my Etsy site or contact me for specific colors and designs. And do let me know what you think of them. https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnnBrauer


tea cozies--quilt--Ann Brauer

Well enough for now. I do hope I will get to see several of you either at CraftBoston or in Shelburne Falls. For the rest, have a great holiday season. Enjoy the return of the sun--it will happen soon. And do look at the night sky every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment