Tuesday, October 29, 2013

the quilts of Ann Brauer--boo!!

OK--after a wonderful and prolonged early fall we do have just a hint of that s*** word in the forecast.  I doubt if it will come to anything. This is October after all. But I am leaving for the Washington Craft Show tomorrow morning--yikes is it early this year, I just had to write before Halloween.

Yes, as those who have been following me on Facebook know, my new building is coming along. It has a roof and the awning over the ramp is now covered although I am still waiting for the floor to be installed. I guess patience is a virtue although perhaps not my best attribute.

Anyhow I will be at the Washington Craft Show this November 1-3 at the Walter Washington Convention Center. This has got to be one of the most beautiful and sophisticated shows I I do. So much amazing work that I am constantly in awe of. If you get a chance do come by and see it. Note that on Friday November 1 from 6-8 tickets are only $6. What a bargain. And for those who asked, I will bring a couple dozen potholders--just ask. Also lots of eyeglass cases, purses, potholders, etc. And a few absolutely wonderful quilts and wall hangings. I do hope to see some of you there.

Once I return from that show I will be at the studio working hard. Moonlight Magic is scheduled for November 29th I believe--the Friday after Thanksgiving from 4 until I go home. And of course you can check out the progress of my building if you are in town.

And for those who can't make it to DC or Shelburne Falls, I have been working on my Etsy site. Indeed the Quilt of the Month--after the storm--is posted there. You know the routine. There is one quilt. It goes to the first person who buys it. Shipping will be after I return from the Washington Show. This is an image of the quilt hanging in the studio. For the next ten days or until purchased, this quilt which had been listed for $820 is only $450 plus shipping. Here is my Etsy shop where you can purchase it: 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/155268970/clearance-quilted-wall-hanging-in?ref=shop_home_active







Next month I will be at CraftBoston at the Hynes December 6-8. Otherwise I should be working in the studio--though do call first if you are coming from a distance.





No comments:

Post a Comment