Sunday, September 29, 2013

the riot of dahlias

OK I confess that my daylilies have been magnificent this year. But alas. The season is almost over. Sure there are a few still blooming bravely in the garden. Their foliage that wonderful green mixed with yellows and browns. What a welcome sight they are.

But still I felt the need for an intense deep burst of color and fullness that I was missing. So it was time to get my coffee and walk across the Bridge of Flowers. You see I am one spoiled color junkie. The Bridge of Flowers in beautiful Shelburne Falls is right in back of my studio. I can walk across it any day I want.

This time it was the dahlias that caught my eye. So many great colors and designs all standing so proudly in the sun. Yes, I could go on and on about the joys of each one. I could stop and take careful pictures to capture their glory and maybe I will. Tomorrow.

For now though I just need to revel in their splendor.







And you--do you grow dahlias? Do you look forward to them every year? What are you favorite ones? And have you made it to the Bridge of Flowers yet this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment