Monday, June 3, 2013

the quilts of Ann Brauer--it's June



Finally it is June. The rains here have come, the garden is almost fully planted and the irises have started blooming. How lush and vibrant everything seems. Of course this is indeed New England so one day I had to wear my winter coat and turn the heat on in the studio. A couple days later it was time for the air conditioner. As they say--just wait a minute.

In Shelburne Falls, they are shooting another movie. Sure there is a bit of a hassle--sometimes you have to wait a few minutes before you can cross the street. Parking is easier behind Keystone Market or either of the two lots on Cross Street. But my studio is still open. Who knows--you might just meet a star. The movie is called The Judge and Robert Duvall and Robert Downing Jr are in town. Maybe even Billie Bob Thornton.  I am working hard there most days finishing a quilt for a lovely customer who wants to decorate her living room around the piece and getting ready for two shows in August--the Berkshire Craft Show at Monument Mountain High School in Great Barrington and the American Craft Exposition  in Evanston--but more about those later.  Of course you can see a copy of the site plan for what I hope will be my new studio--fingers crossed.

And I have gotten inspired to make some new pillows. Instead of a quilt of the month this time, I thought you might be interested in seeing just a couple of my new designs. I do love the juxtaposition of the simple cotton fabrics and the modern designs and complex colors and motion I get by piecing using the thin strips, don't you?


pillow--16x16"--red center with grey--Ann Brauer $110

pillow--16x16"-- red stripe with grey--Ann Brauer $110

pillow--16x16"--mauve center--Ann Brauer $110




Anyway, enough for now. I hope your June is also splendid and that I will get a chance to see a few of you in the studio this month. Of course, if you are coming from a distance I suggest calling or e-mailing me just to make sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment