Monday, February 4, 2013

the quilts of Ann Brauer--winter light



No, I cannot believe it is February already and the light is returning. Every day I notice when I leave the studio that it is just a bit lighter and in the mornings I watch the sun rise earlier and earlier as I make my coffee.  I have been working seemingly non-stop to get ready for the Baltimore Craft Show February 22-24. This is always the time when I try to define the directions I hope to take for the next several months. I have several new quilts including "falling stars" and "winter light" that I can't wait to show you. In addition I have been stocking up on eyeglass cases and table runners for those hunting for smaller works. This is a sneak preview of "winter light" which is almost finished. As you tell tell it is BIG--99x99" when finished. Because it is using the thin strips it is also slightly lighter in weight than my other quilts. I can't wait to show you the finished quilt. I am Booth 4208.



  And this is a new smaller piece I call "maple". Do you see a theme here?
There are also lots of other wonderful fiber artists doing the show this year. Check out who is going to be showing  and further information about the show at:  http://www.craftcouncil.org/baltimore  Of course members of the American Craft Council always get in for free.  But this year the show is offering you the ability to prepurchase tickets until February 21 at considerable savings. When purchasing use the code  BWI2013GUEST and save 50%. Great news isn't it? Tickets Friday after 5 pm are also reduced in price although how anyone can see the show in just a few hours is beyond me.

For those who can't make it to the Baltimore Show I will be doing the Paradise City Arts Festival in March and CraftBoston in April. And of course when I am not at a show, I am working in my studio in Shelburne Falls most days although I do suggest calling first to make sure I am there if you are coming from a distance.

Meanwhile the quilt of the month is "red sky". This quilt  which is 32 x 48" normally sells for $800 but for the next ten days or until it is sold the quilt will be $600 plus shipping and any applicable taxes.




Well enough for now. I hope to see many of you in the next several months. Of course if you no longer wish to receive this monthly newsletter please do let me know with your name and the address at which you receive it. Yes, I did have some problems with my e-mail over the last month in case you were trying to reach me. I am sorry.

Ann Brauer
6 Bridge Street
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370

413 625 8605

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your booth in Baltimore! Been following you since I saw your work last year...

    ReplyDelete