Thursday, August 16, 2012

so many colors

Let's face it. There are so many colors I want to play with. But as always, time is short.

How do I decide what  to make before the Evanston Craft Show? That wonderful show at Northwestern University. Do check it out here.  http://www.americancraftexpo.org After all, I leave on Tuesday. And I still have to work on my display. Pack. Sleep. And hopefully spend time with my DH and the little Tonks cat.

Placemats have been selling recently. A nice gift. A less expensive example of my work. I know I need more. But what colors? I ask and listen. "What colors are you looking for?"

"My kitchen is...."  "Red." "Burnt orange." "Black and white with accents of red" OK that one is a no-brainer.


"Do you have any more of this blue grey?" If you had four...."


 "I'll take these. "Can you make more of these?" Yes, this color is perfect.


Royal blue always sells. I can count on that.


But what else? Maybe a rust? I just sold a pair of apple greens? Oh so many colors. So little time. How does a quilt maker decide? How do you decide?






1 comment:

  1. I really like your work! I like the red and the blue best!

    ReplyDelete