Tuesday, March 6, 2012

getting back on track--a blast from the past, I guess






How hard it was this morning to spend several hours finding videos and images of my studio that floated down the river during Tropical Storm Irene. I still cannot watch the images all the way through without feeling that I have been hit in the stomach--ugh!!  But I had promised to write an article for a national magazine on the process of re-establishing my studio and I knew that this was a good thing to do.  Not only would it hopefully give others a few tips but also as the saying goes--there is no such thing as bad publicity.

How amazing it is to me that it was just a few short months ago that my DH rode his Vespa down to visit me at 6 Bridge Street. How much I have done since then.

I realized that just as I did through the entire process for me the most important thing is to think of the new quilts that I have made and those that I do still want to make.  Sometimes I feel that by making optimistic quilts one can become more hopeful. How do you get back on track? How do you deal with the events that try to push you off track? And no, I won't give you more details about the article just yet--but stay tuned. Of course I will promote it when the time comes.



the break of dawn--45 x 45"--quilt by Ann Brauer

No comments:

Post a Comment