Monday, August 1, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--August news

Can you believe how quickly the summer is going by? Already peak season in my daylily garden is almost over--always somewhat sad but as it winds down my attention turns to the late and very late daylilies upon which I can focus. Always gorgeous in their own right. Besides soon it will be time for peaches and tomatoes--what more can I ask for?

Meanwhile I am busily preparing for not one but two craft shows in August. The first one is the Berkshire Craft Show at Monument Mountain High School in Great Barrington, MA on August 12-14. For those who have never been, this is a charming small show with artists from across the Northeast displaying some wonderful work in the air-conditioned comfort of the high school. Do check it out if you are in the area--http://www.berkshirecraftshow.org. Then later in the month I will be doing the American Craft Exposition in Evanston, IL. This is one of the few shows that I will gladly drive a distance to participate in. This time it is set in the air-conditioned comfort of the Gymnasium at Northwestern University right along Lake Michigan--do you notice a theme here? There is some absolutely amazing work from around the country and I am honored to be doing this show. The show runs from August 26-28 and is definitely worth checking out if you are in the area. For more information the web site is http://www.americancraftsexpo.org

I have added a few new images to my web site--http://www.annbrauer.com I am particularly excited about my quilt desert solitaire in which I used my fine piecing to accent the more free form background that I am known for. What do you think?   If I am not doing these shows I hope to be in my studio working but do call or e-mail me first as I also may be visiting an elderly relative who is trying to live by himself.

And now for the quilt of the month--this month the quilt is prairie sky. I love the bright image of the sun rising over the horizon. This quilt hung in the U.S. Embassy in Dili, Timor-Leste next to a work of Josef Albers for a year. The quilt is 40 x 56". For the next ten days the quilt which normally sells for $1200 will be $600 plus tax and shipping. As usual, it is available on a first come/first serve basis. At the end of ten days the price will return to $1200 so if you are interested, please e-mail me.

Thanks so much.  I hope I get to see many of you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment