Thursday, June 2, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--June edition

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday the weather was hot and so humid you could almost cut the air with a knife. Then line after line of storms came through--hail, lightening, wind and rain. Oh how it poured. Luckily for me, the most severe ones missed us--my heart breaks looking at the pictures of downtown Springfield. So much devastation. Another disaster in a spring of disasters. I am awe struck by the power of Mother Nature.

Meanwhile June for me will be a month of preparation. I am getting two new windows installed in my studio--the first one is already in. I now have screens that I can open. How nice it is.  On Saturday June 11 the village of Shelburne Falls will be celebrating Riverfest. As usual, this is a fun event for the entire family. The highlight is the Frog Parade that goes right past my studio. The costumes are fantastic.  I should be working in the studio most days so do drop by if you are in town and check out my windows. Of course if you are coming from a distance you might want to contact me first.

I am also busy preparing for craft shows later this summer. July 14-17 I will be doing the Guilford Craft Show  in Guilford, CT http://www.guilfordartcenter.com I haven't done this show for a couple of years but I am looking forward again to being on the Town Common. This year they have added Sunday hours. Do check it out if you are in the area. Then in August I will do the Berkshire Craft Show at Monument Mountain High School and the American Craft Exposition in Evanston. Both should be great and I will tell you more about them next month or you can check the listings on my web site.

After some thought I decided that the June Quilt of the Month is "red sky on the hill". I love this piece. It is a bright and cheerful portrayal of the sky at sunrise--or is it sunset--against the darkening hills. The quilt is 45 x 45 inches. Normally it is $1200 but it will be $500 plus tax and shipping until June 10. As usual, there is only one quilt and it will be sold on a first come/first served basis so e-mail me if you are interested. The colors are just a bit brighter than this image. Do note the little hints of stars and sky in the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment