Monday, May 2, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--it's May!!!

Suddenly it seems it is May. The snow is gone--finally. There is an energy here--I think of it as a time of preparation. Little green leaves on the trees. Peas peeking up in my garden in  somewhat straight rows. (My cats do "help" with the planting--oh well.)  I want to work in the bright blues of May. The yellows of forsythia. The tender greens of the lawn. And the purples of my lilacs. Every day seems new. Such excitement and hope at this time of year.

I have begun filling out my schedule of shows for the rest of the year with this same sense of excitement and hope. This summer I will be returning to three of my favorite shows--the Guilford Craft Show in July and the Berkshire Craft Show  and American Craft Expo in Evanston in August. I am so looking forward to all of them.  You can see the complete list of shows on my website at http://www.annbrauer.com  So I will be in the studio working to finish a few orders and make lots of new quilts and smaller accessories for these shows. 

It was rather obvious to me my quilt  may sun should be the quilt special of the month. This quilt was made as a sample way back in 2006. It is 48 x 48 inches and was originally priced at $1080. The colors in the image are not as true as they could be since I took the picture myself. There are bright blues, yellows and some greens. For this special the quilt is $500 plus tax and shipping. Just like in other specials this is offered on a first come/first serve basis. The offer will be withdrawn on May 10 so if you are interested please e-mail me directly.




One of the new items I have been working on is a new variation of my little purses. These are about 8 x 8 inches with a thin strap for hanging. The back is a solid pieced black. The purses are all cotton. I love the feel of the thin strips of cotton on the front and the intense and wonderful colors that I can create. Right now I have three different styles--a solid color, a color progression and purses with contrasting colors. What do you think? Which  works best? I would love to hear. The purses are $60 and there are a few more on my web site under small works.





Well, that's enough for now. I hope to see some of you in my studio. The Bridge of Flowers is lovely at this time of year.  Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. And do enjoy the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment