Monday, January 3, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--January news

Ah the new year.  The last few days of 2010 have been unusually warm here--much of the snow is gone--and New Year's Day held the promise of spring.  There is still light in the sky when I leave the studio.  But now the wind is rushing in from the North with a reminder that winter has only just begun. There is an energy and purpose there.  So many good things have happened to me in 2010--I redid my website, started a blog,   and became active on Facebook and Twitter. There is so much to learn about the new social media and of course it keeps changing. Oh well, I do love a challenge. And speaking of my web site, I just went through the studio and posted my first ever January sale. Most of these are the quilts that I find that I no longer bring to shows since they are from older series that no longer fit in with current work. Do check it out here.

This month I will have quilts in two shows. I am honored that my quilt rivers of autumn is included in  River Quilts at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY. Meanwhile my quilt daybreak will be in the No Holds Barred Show at the New England Quilt Museum in Lowell, MA. The show runs from January 20-April 9 with the opening planned for January 29 at 1 pm. I  hope to make it to that opening and will have several of my smaller items in the gift shop at the Museum during that show.

Meanwhile I am working in the studio most days finishing several orders and getting ready for the Baltimore Craft Show in February--but more of that next month. As usual I welcome visitors although do call first to make sure I am there.  And of course you can follow my progress more closely on Facebook and my blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment