Friday, November 5, 2010

the quilts of Ann Brauer--November news

How quickly the seasons have changed. From the golden browns of October--and yes, we did have a wonderful foliage season after all didn't we--to the subtler greys of November--it just happened. In between cleaning up the garden and raking the leaves, I have been busy in the studio trying to get a couple of orders done. Oh and I did manage to see several rainbows this month--including one day I saw two separate ones out my window of the studio--always a good sign.

Let me get down to the news--and I do have a fair amount this month.

First and foremost, I will be doing the Washington Craft Show at the Convention Center in Washington DC November 19-21. This is a fantastic show with 190 of the best crafts people from throughout the country. Exquisite, breathtaking work. I am honored to be included. And even a bit nervous as I haven't done this show for a number of years. I do hope to see some of my Washington friends there.  I am Booth 341. For more information do check out
http://www.craftsamericashows.com/WASH_main.htm

I am also proud that my quilt "summer sky" is in the exhibit "Sew New: Contemporary Art Quiltmakers" at the OSilas Gallery of Concordia College in Bronxville, NY. This should be a fantastic show with fourteen top quilt makers having work here. If you are in the area, do check it out. http://www.osilasgallery.org

Oh yes and I will be giving a lecture on my quilts to the Mothertown Quilt Guild of Lancaster, MA this Tuesday at 6:30. Guests are welcome for a slight fee. This should be fun.http://www.mothertownquilters.com

I am also pleased that my quilt "rainbows of summer" was selected as a finalist for the Niche Awards which will be announced in February at the Buyer's Market of American Craft at the Philadelphia Convention Center. I am in honored company to be a finalist for this award. I think I have shown you this quilt before but if not...




When I am not at a craft show, I am usually in the studio working. Do feel free to drop by--although if you are coming from a distance I suggest calling first. And you can always follow me on Facebook or read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment