Wednesday, February 29, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--leap year's day edition

Well it is  February 29--leap year day--and it is snowing. Finally. We could get 6 to 10 inches although the town is actually predicting up to 18 inches. That would be truly a snow storm wouldn't it? Certainly after all this weird weather, a bit of snow will be lovely although I was almost ready to declare it spring time already. Oh well, this is New England and the weather people do not listen to me anyway.

I just returned from the Baltimore Craft Show. There were so many people there and so many possibilities for orders. I am still a bit exhausted. How nice it was though to have my new eyeglass cases and pillows appreciated. Now to finish my orders and get ready for the Paradise City Arts Festival in Marlborough, MA on March 16-18. As always this is a show I look forward to. There is so much lovely work there--both art and craft--including more affordable pieces and art that I lust after. To get discounted tickets or learn more, check out their web site http://www.paradisecityarts.com/east/homeeast.html  If I am not doing this show--and not at home because of a snow storm--I should be in the studio working so I hope some of you will visit me there also. (Do call first if you are coming from a distance though.)

And now for the Quilt of the Month. For this month, I decided to offer Medieval Views. This is a quilt that I love--when I made it, I was thinking of those wonderful early paintings of the Madonna and Child against the backgrounds of the early cities. I confess I am fascinated by the different variations of those images and the wonderful colors in them. I just got this quilt back from a gallery and it is slightly different from my newer quilts so for ten days--until March 10--or until it is sold--this quilt which normally sells for $2200 will be $1100 plus shipping and applicable taxes. The quilt is about 57 x 57". The colors are a bit brighter than this image suggests. So if you are interested please do e-mail me--as you know it is first-come, first-served.

The quilt is SOLD!!!






Have a great early spring--or is it late winter. I  hope I will see some of you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment