Thursday, February 2, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--Ground Hog's Day edition



Wow--I can't believe that it is February already. Ground Hog's Day to be precise. And here the sky is covered with clouds--certainly there is no possibility of a shadow anywhere. Although it has been such an easy winter so far--knock on wood--that I am not sure what it would mean if winter is really over. However, we probably are not going to find out--since apparently the "official" ground hog did indeed see his shadow.

I have been working very hard trying to get ready for the Baltimore Craft Show--I am excited about some of the new wall hangings I have been making. I have also been making eyeglass cases in new colors and skyscrapers--those long pieces that can be either table runners or wall hangings--in a new design and some great new colors. The show is February 24-26 at the Baltimore Convention Center. My booth is 3605 in a slightly different location from previous years so do look for me. For more information on hours or to pre-purchase your tickets check out their website--http://www.craftcouncil.org  If you want to follow me as I prepare for the show or see what other new works I am making, I post about it on my blog--http://www.annbrauer.blogspot.com and on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/AnnBrauerQuiltStudio

And now for the Quilt of the Month--I have decided it is time to think about summer.  I love the bold colors and simple design of this quilt--by the sea. Indeed I have made a couple variations of this piece. The quilt is 45x45 inches and normally sells for $1200.  But I have other quilts that capture the feeling of the ocean so for the next ten days--or until it is sold--I am offering the latest version of this quilt  for $800 plus applicable taxes and shipping. You know the routine--there is only one available--and I will sell it on a first come-first serve basis. The quilt may be slightly different from the image shown below but it is fairly similar. Note--this quilt has been SOLD.






Have a great February. I hope to see many of you in Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment