Sunday, June 1, 2014

show and tell--May 31

Wow--yesterday I got to work in the new studio. Doing some organizing. Putting the sewing machine in place. Finding the iron. I got a couple of big cabinets--perfect for stashing lots of "stash". Pun intended.

It was Saturday. The workers--who are all actually very kind and skilled people--and so nice--had other plans. And although it is fascinating watching them methodically put the finishing touches on my studio, for a few hours finally it was mine and I got to absorb being there.

Let me tell you--the space is absolutely amazing. I kept having to pinch myself that this really and truly is mine. Sure I have a lot of work to do but I did just sit on the walk way for half an hour finishing a placemat and watching the world go by. Gorgeous views. I even sat at the sewing machine and started a potholder.

Isn't it time for a bit of show and tell? Yes, I still have a lot of work to do.


And more work facing my work area.





But I did clear out the back area so they can install the track lights on Tuesday.




And another view of this space. One of my favorites.




The brown cardboard is just to protect the floor during construction. Amazingly strong paper with fiber running through it. I can't wait until the floor reappears. Grey polished concrete.


And as seen from my work area with just a bit of the storage cabinets to the right. I am trying not to think about all I have to do. Oh well. Salt de-icer on top. Why not?



 And the storage cabinets. Luckily my wonderful DH got them in place.




And of course, the view from my sewing machine. The reason--or at least one of the reasons--for this project.


Well, I'll try to post more pictures soon. Hope you enjoyed this sneak preview. If you happen to be in the area and see that I am there without too many workers, do feel free to drop by and say hi for a moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment