Wednesday, October 31, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--Frankenstorm edition

Well I hope everyone survived Sandy OK. If not you do have my most heartfelt best wishes.

For me the worst part was the wait. Yes, we stocked up on water, food, batteries. My DH rigged up a radio that ran off a tractor battery--he is indeed very clever. I made chili and chicken soup and apple brown betty. Our top wind was 48 MPH--yes a few windows rattled. But our power only flickered once or twice. Outside one 100 year old pine tree fell. Yes, I know--high class worries.

I had already packed my van for the Fine Furnishings Show at the Pawtucket Armory in Rhode Island November 2-4. While I have never done this show before it has a good reputation, the building looks fabulous and the show promoter has worked tirelessly. It is actually not that far from many places in eastern Massachusetts. Yes, this was the Providence Furniture Show but it moved a few miles away. For more information http://www.finefurnishingsshows.com

Then it is off to the Washington Craft Show at the Convention Center November 16-18. What fun it will be showing off my new work and display at a site which I feel was just made for this look. I am in Booth 602 so do look for me. For more information: http://www.craftsamericashows.com/WASH_main.htm



And in between I will be working very hard at the studio to prepare for CraftBoston in December at the Cycloramo. I also should have an article on doing the thin piecing coming out in Quilting Arts at the beginning of December.

Meanwhile do stay safe. I hope to see some of you in the next couple of months.


No comments:

Post a Comment