Monday, July 2, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--it's hot out there

OK--it is officially summer. The weather outside is HOT HOT HOT. My daylilies have just started blooming and they look absolutely fabulous. The Bridge of Flowers is amazing this year with flowers overflowing the sides.   They have finished filming in Shelburne Falls. And I do now have an air conditioner in the studio so I can continue to get ready for the three craft shows I have scheduled this summer.

First I am pleased to announce that my quilt--prairie sky--was published in Machine Quilting Unlimited this month. Then July 19-22--that is Thursday through Sunday I will be at the Guilford Craft Expo on the Town Common in Guilford, CT. I have been doing this show for a number of years and think it is wonderful. Do note they have added Sunday hours again this year. There is lots of wonderful work there including the leather of my friends Dick and Dianne Muller and the amazing garments of Loraine Jackson. If you like to see great workmanship do check out the care she puts into her clothes. I will be previewing a lot of my new quilts with the very intense piecing so I hope many of you will be able to stop by and give me feedback.  We are all in Tent B--my booth number is B20. For more information check out http://www.artrider.com/Guilford11.html

Later in August I will be doing the Berkshire Craft Show at Monument Mountain HIgh School in Great Barrington, MA and then the American Craft Exposition in Evanston, IL. When I am not at a show I will be busy working--in air conditioned comfort if necessary--at my studio although do call first if you are coming from a distance.

And now for the quilt of the month. Another hard choice this month but I have chosen red sky. This quilt is 32 x 48" and normally sells for $820. I love this piece and indeed just pulled it out to show a customer but it looks so much so  like summer that for the next ten days--or until it is sold I will sell it for $600 plus shipping and any sales tax. You know the routine.


No comments:

Post a Comment