Monday, May 7, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--the merry month of May

Well finally I am getting a chance to write my newsletter for the month of May. Yes, I know it is almost a week late. No excuses but finally the sun has been shining and I have been working in my garden as much as possible. Isn't it lovely to be outside and look at the little pea seedlings coming up in the garden?

In the studio I have been working hard creating some really wonderful new pieces-- oh I can't wait to finish them and see what you think.

Meanwhile the first of my articles is either out--or coming out this week. It is in Studios magazine and called "Focused on the Future" about moving to my new studio after Hurricane Irene. I have ordered a bunch of copies to have in the new studio and I have seen the magazine at Barnes and Noble. Later this summer I will be busy as I am doing the Guilford Craft Show, the Berkshires Craft Show and the American Craft Exposition in Evanston. Yes, I certainly do need to be getting lots of work made.

And now for the quilt of the month. I love this piece--hidden lake. I made it after a lovely visit to New Hampshire. Hiking in the White Mountains I remember long vistas of green and just the brief glimpses of blue water. This quilt is about 43 x 45" and normally goes for $1200 but for the next ten days--or until it is sold--it will be $800 plus applicable tax and shipping.






If you are in the area, do come visit me in Shelburne Falls although call first if you are coming from a distance as I do have an aging father-in-law.

Have a great May.

No comments:

Post a Comment