Tuesday, January 3, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--Happy New Year

Well--we made it to 2012. How quickly time passes, doesn't it? New England weather here--my DH and I went for a lovely long walk New Year's Day--even saw forsythia blooming. But now there is a dusting of snow and dropping temperatures. As they say, if you don't like the weather--wait a minute.

As for me--I am busy trying to finish orders and get ready for the Baltimore Craft Show in February--can you believe it is less than two months away!! Yikes. I am working on some new pieces that I am very excited about--can't wait to show them to you.  I'll write more about the Craft Show next month but if you are in the Baltimore area do mark February 24-26 on your calendars. I hope to see many of you there. In March I will be doing the Paradise Marlboro Craft Show for those in the Boston area.  Meanwhile, I will be in the studio most days--drop by if you are in western Massachusetts although as always I suggest calling first if you are coming from a distance.

And now for the Quilt of the Month. This is a quilt that I am surprised that I still have. Maybe it is because it is slightly smaller than some of my quilts--it is only 40 x 40 inches. Maybe it is because I enjoyed looking at it so much at the late great pink building that I did not always take it with me when I did a craft show. Maybe it is because the colors are of the more interesting, haunting nature--teals and rasberry. Soft yellows.  Anyhow I still own it and for the next 10 days or until sold my quilt "out of the mist" will be the Quilt of the Month. This quilt was $800--as I said, I have had it for a while--but as Quilt of the Month it will be $600 plus shipping and applicable taxes. Here is its snapshot--it is just a bit less green than this image suggests. More of a teal, turquoise. But there is a softness to the colors.

It is SOLD already.






Have a great January.

No comments:

Post a Comment