Friday, March 5, 2010

color--it's the weekend!!!

Wow--that week went by quickly. My local NPR station always sats that on the week-end you less hard news and more fun programs. What a great idea.

So--when I blog on the week-end--which will not be all the time I promise--I decided I will try to post a couple of fun things that I pick up here and there.

The first is actually really cool--it is  a color test that I found posted on a daylily robin. The object is to move the colors until you get a perfect spectrum. The directions are on the site--very easy.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?PageID=77

OK--how'd  you do? I kept mixing up one area of blues. Was it the light? My monitor? Me? Nah!! How low was your score?

And then I did promise I would post a few pictures of Gretchen Tanzer's work. Good thing I promised
since I messed up her website--it's http://www.tanzersfiberworks.com. These weavings range in size from 8 inches to 36x58 inches. Look at the detail and the color--there is a theme to this post--really. I'm sure she'd love to hear from you but for now sit back and scroll down--you'll see why I like them.

1 comment:

  1. Let's blame our scores on the monitors by all means!

    I love Gretchen's quilts--such whimsy--but not as much as yours.

    ReplyDelete