Thursday, January 2, 2014

the quilts of Ann Brauer--summer will come



Ah today--the first Nor'easter of the New Year. It is named--oh so appropriately--Hercules. Don't you love how they are starting to name them now? For me I think the waiting is the worst. I went out hoping to make it down to the studio today but the snow was slick and I decided it really was not worth the risk so my pantry is VERY clean. Summer will come.

summer comes to the mountain--32x48"--Ann Brauer
Most days though I am working at the studio. Across the river I can watch the progress on the new studio. Oh is that exciting. It is now framed both inside and out, the slab has been poured and the windows are in place. I make it over there every chance I get and still have to pinch myself that soon I will have the best views in town.  I can hardly wait. And of course I will let you all know and hope that many will be able to come visit me in my new space. Until then you can visit me at my current space provided we are not having a Nor'easter or I am doing a craft show.

Meanwhile I am working as hard as I can on my orders--yes this weather has delayed me a bit.  I am also trying to get ready for the next few months. The Baltimore show is early this year--February 21-23.  I am Booth 4209. Of course I am trying to have lots of new work for this show including tea cozies. Perfect for today, aren't they?

tea cozies--Ann Brauer
If you are thinking of attending the Baltimore show you can purchase tickets for half price until February 20 by going to this web site
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2014-american-craft-council-show-in-baltimore-tickets-8022827493 and using this code BWI2014GUEST. I do hope to see some of you there.

Later in the season, I will be doing the Paradise City Arts Festival in Marlborough, MA in March and will do the Philadelphia Invitational Furniture Show in April. But more about these in the upcoming months.

Meanwhile I have been adding stock to my Etsy shop. I will be the first to admit I was a bit wary of opening a shop on Etsy--there is definitely a learning curve--and I certainly do not have everything listed on the site--but I am enjoying the process of writing about my work for people who may not have seen it. It is also allowing me to take a step back and examine the body of work I have. Who knows what else I will learn in this process or how long it will work for but for now--do check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think. Here is the web address:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/AnnBrauer

Well I have gone on a bit. Hope you all stay safe and dry and have a great New Year.




No comments:

Post a Comment