Friday, March 1, 2013

the quilts of Ann Brauer--the lion and the lamb



OK--I presume you know the saying. If March comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb. Or vice versa. But the question I have is whether it is a lion or a lamb this year. This morning I have seen the sunrise and blue sky. But--and this is the big but--my driveway is covered with 3 inches of slush. And the road up to my driveway has the same slush and the tire tracks of the cars that tried to make it up. So what--you might say. But my driveway is 1/4 mile long and the road is an additional 1/4 mile. And it is all UP hill. Steep. I know because I hiked up last night and will hike down tomorrow to get my van. So you see the basic conundrum don't you? Lion or lamb?  Or am I just spoiled?

Anyhow, the Baltimore Craft Show has come and gone and it was so encouraging. Now I am getting ready for the Paradise City Arts Festival March 22-24 at the Royal Plaza Trade Center in Marlborough, MA. This is a show I absolutely love to do. There is always such wonderful work there. Both craft and art that I have never seen before as well as so many favorites from previous years. The music is fun. The parking is free. There is even a lovely place to sit and take a break. For further information go to http://www.paradisecityarts.com I am Booth 138 and do hope to see some of you there.

And in the meantime I am also busy preparing for the workshop I will be giving for the Shelburne Falls Business Association on Friday March 14 from 8:30 to 9:30 on using Pinterest to brand your business. What fun I am having organizing my thoughts and researching the topic. Teaching is certainly the best way to learn a topic. For further info on this workshop contact the SFABA at info@shelburnefalls.com And to check out my Pinterest site: http://www.pinterest.com/annbrauer

Now for the Quilt of the Month. For all of my new followers, each month I try to select one quilt that I offer as a special for ten days--or until it is sold. If it does not sell, it returns to the original price. So for the next 10 days the quilt will be "july". This quilt was just returned to me from a gallery. It is one of my original quilts that create abstract landscapes using wedges. The quilt which normally sells for $750 will be offered for sale for $450 plus shipping and any applicable taxes. It is about 32x48" and yes, it is bright. It can be hung either vertically or horizontally. So please if you are interested, let me know.

So I hope your March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lamb. And do wish me luck that sometime soon this slush melts. And I will be working in the studio most days unless I am at a show so do come by and visit if you are in town. The sap is running.



No comments:

Post a Comment