Friday, August 3, 2012

the quilts of Ann Brauer--hazy, humid August

Dear all,

Yes, it is August. Hazy, hot and humid. My daylilies are starting to wind down. My tomatoes are ripening. And I do have the cutest little pumpkins.  What fun to watch them grow. I do hope the turkeys don't get them this year.

This month promises to be quite busy for me. Right now I am in the studio working on  a lovely order for a quilt based on "prairie sky". What fun it is working with such wonderful blues again.

Next week-end is the Berkshire Craft Show at Monument Mountain High School. I love this show. It is put on by the teachers at this public high school to raise money for programs within the school. The show has  a great reputation among crafts people. There are lots of new and newer exhibitors including the enameled bowls by my friend Elissa Ehlin , the baskets of JoAnne Russo with her clever use of buttons and zippers and the sterling silver jewelry of Monique Rancourt based on rubber cords. Stunning. I will show some of my new pieces as well as several more trademark works. For more information do check out their web site:http://www.berkshirecraftshow.org I do hope to see many of you there.

Then I will be doing the American Craft Exposition in Evanston, IL August  24-26. This is another wonderful show with more absolutely amazing work. I can't wait to show some of my new long wall hangings. For more information do check out their web site: http://americancraftexpo.org/ They even have advance purchase tickets available for you.

Finally this Saturday August 4 is the ArtWalk in Shelburne Falls. Many galleries and specialty stores will be open until at least seven that night. Rather than have a quilt of the month this month I decided to have a few in store specials just for this event. For instance my quilt "november oak" which normally sells for $1200 will be $600 during this event. Of course if you want to pre-order just contact me in advance. Who knows what other specials I will have during this event. Do stop by and check them out.







Of course I will be in the studio when I am not at shows so I do hope to see many of you there. If you are coming from a distance you might want to contact me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment