Tuesday, November 1, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--Snowvember edition

Wow--it is November 1 already. That is 11/1/11 if you write the abbreviation. How quickly time is flying. Yes, we did get 24 inches of that white stuff during the Snowtember storm although luckily it is melting and we did not lose power. About time Shelburne Falls caught a break if you know what I mean.

Thanks to everyone who has been so generous. I have been busy working in the studio most days trying to get ready for the Holiday season. Gradually I am beginning to fill my studio with new quilts, table runners, eyeglass cases and potholders for the holiday season--can you believe that it is almost upon us? This Saturday November 5 I will be participating for the first time in the Shelburne Falls Gallery walk--Art under the Stars which runs from 5 until 8 pm. Please--if you are in town, drop by and see my new space. I usually do not like to stay open late so would welcome encouragement to be there.

I will also be doing the Paradise City Arts Festival in Marlborough, MA on November 18-20. I do love this show--there is always something new and absolutely wonderful to admire. The music is good and the atmosphere is so much fun. For more information and discounted tickets check out their web site http://www.paradisecityarts.com  In December I will be doing the Washington Craft Show Dec 2-4 and CraftBoston at the Cyclorama on Dec 8-10.  What was I thinking? More on these shows in my post next month.

Meanwhile Shelburne Falls is basically up and running. Several more businesses have re-opened. Most roads including Route 2 coming from the East are open and from Williamstown and the West the route is only slightly longer and even lovelier. I will be there most days--although call first as I do still have errands to run.

And now for the news you have been waiting for so patiently--the Quilt of the Month is back!!!! After all, this is November and this is the perfect quilt for this month. November oak. I love the colors of the piece--the greys and mauves of the fields after most of the leaves have gone against the rusts and browns of the oak trees. The quilt is about 45 x 45 inches and began life at $1200. It has Velcro stitched on the back for hanging. I am offering for $700 plus shipping and applicable taxes. As usual this is a first come first served offer which will automatically end on November 10 so if you want it do send me an e-mail.  For those seeking gift items, I will post images of potholders and eyeglass cases on my web site in the next couple of days in case you want to order a few--just contact me.






Have a great month. Thanks again.

Ann Brauer
6 Bridge Street
Shelburne Falls, MA 01370


413 625-8605


Web: http://www.annbrauer.com

email: ann@annbrauer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment