Monday, November 28, 2011

the quilts of Ann Brauer--cyber Monday edition

Dear all,

Wow--is time flying even though the weather is trying to hold onto the lovely warmth of late autumn. This morning the sky was full of those wonderful peaches and brilliant reds of the dawn. Then the clouds came, and a gentle wind from the south. the temperature was up to 56 at 8 am. Yes, I just had to go for a walk in the woods. Indeed, it was all I could do to turn around and come home. But I must get to the studio. After all, I do have not one but two craft shows left this season.

First is the Washington Craft Show at the DC Convention Center, December 2-4. It is such an honor to be in this show--there are 190 of the very best fine craft artists in country in one location. Each booth is full of breathtaking, exquisite work. I do hope you will check it out for yourself--more information can be found at http://www.craftsamericashows.com Then the next week-end is CraftBoston at the Cycloramo. If you have never been to the Cycloramo, you are in for a treat. The building is a circular extravaganza with wonderful architectural details. Inside the show is so colorful and alive. I do hope you will check it out if you are in the area. http://www.craftboston.org

In between and after I return I will be working in my new studio. What a delightful time this is to step backward into the charm of Shelburne Falls. The colored lights on the Bridge of Flowers reflect onto the river. The light poles are wound with wreaths. I even saw a lighted tree floating on the river. Personally I find the charm of the village matches the feeling of hope and light that we all need this time of year.

Meanwhile I have decided to post the quilt of the month early this year. I actually do love this quilt--the colors are bright and rich. The size--40 x 56 inches would look great hanging over a sofa, buffet table or even a bed. Indeed it was hard to convince myself that this should be the quilt of the month. However, neither my new studio nor my booth have a lot of wall space and so I don't usually get a chance to show it. The colors are brighter than my snapshot of it--I can try to send you a better image if you would like. Anyhow, this quilt began at $1100 but until December 10 or until it is sold, the quilt will be $800 plus shipping and applicable taxes. As usual, this quilt it one of a kind and will be available on a first come/first serve basis.



For those hunting for smaller items, I do have a few posted on my website--HERE http://www.annbrauer.com/Ann_Brauer_Quilt_Studio/Small_works.html. Many other colors are available--please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Alas, I did not get a chance to set up a shop within my website just yet. Maybe next year...

Thanks again and have a great holiday season.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ulla. Yes, I agree--the internet is wonderful for meeting people from around the world.

    ReplyDelete