Friday, October 1, 2010

the quilts of Ann Brauer--October shows

How quickly the summer has sped by. Already, the colors are changing--they are early this year because of the drought conditions. Now we are  having flood watches--already we have had over four and a half inches with more on the way--glub!!! glub!!! Oh well, it keeps me inside as I finish orders and get ready for the Paradise City Arts Festival next week-end in Northampton, MA.

I love this show--just the right mix between a fun and casual event and some wonderful work to look at. To make it even better, this year the theme is "Food". Those who have previously attended the show know that the food tent has some of Northampton's finest restaurants along with great jazz. This year it promises to be better than ever.  Chinese crab cakes, lobster bisque and my favorite--mango lassi. Yummy!! My booth is 837. For further information and to purchase discount tickets, please visit http://www.paradisecityarts.com.

In other news, I am pleased that I have not one but two quilts in the new book: The Art Quilt Collection: Designs and Inspiration fro Around the World.  What a wonderful book this is with both some work by artists familiar to me and some I have never seen before. Do check it out. Meanwhile my show at the Landmark Campus in Tarrytown, NY has been extended until November 23. To read more about the show and get viewing information  check out  http://annbrauer.blogspot.com/p/landmark-installation.html. Much of this show will then travel to the Hines Corporate Center in Milford, CT where it will be easier to view. Later in the year, I will be showing at the Washington Craft Show in Washington, DC and CraftBoston in December. I do hope to see some of you there.

As usual, I should be in the studio most days when I am not doing a craft show--although if you are traveling from a distance I would advice checking ahead.

This is one of the quilts pictured in The Art Quilt Collection. It is currently hanging in the main entrance to a private foundation in New York.








Note--I will be closed this Saturday afternoon October 2 .

No comments:

Post a Comment