Thursday, March 1, 2018

Count Down to Spring--Only 20 more days

Can you believe it--the Vernal Equinox is Tuesday March 20 at 12:15 pm Eastern Time. So soon. And yet so distant.  I want crocuses NOW. Not another Nor'Easter.  Oh well. Time for a spring cleaning.

I need to go through my studio and find the quilts have been here too long. Maybe part of a series from a few years ago. Not quite what I am making now. Maybe they were at a gallery. Or maybe they were a direction that I did not continue. Certainly when I do a craft show, I cannot take everything with me.  I only have a mini-van and a designated space. I need to present a concise statement of my current work so I don't overwhelm my customers. So some of these quilts hang around and become even more dated.

Anyhow, I decided this year that I will post one work a day at a reduced price until spring actually comes. Some will be larger quilts at reduced prices. Some will be smaller items that need a new home. When they are gone, they are gone. If they aren't gone by spring, I may relist at the regular price. I do like many of these quilts after all.

So here goes. The first quilt is aptly called "colors of spring." I love the colors and the simple lines of this piece. Wouldn't it look great against a white wall? Maybe in your kitchen or sunroom? It could even make a statement in your office or hallway? At 38x38" inches it will fit in so many locations. Hanging is simple as I have sewn strips of looped tape on the top and bottom.

colors of spring--38x38"--Ann Brauer 2014


Don't you love all the wonderful colors in these piece. Here is a bit of the detail of the work.

Detail--colors of spring--Ann Brauer 2014


And the wonderful blues in the quilt.

Detail--colors of spring--Ann Brauer 2014

Of course it is signed on the back. You can also see the looped tape for hanging. I will send you the matching hooked tape and strips of faux wood for hanging. It is simple.


Detail--colors of spring--Ann Brauer 2014

Anyhow, I have reduced the price from $625 to $375. If you want it, I listed the quilt on my Etsy shop here. https://www.etsy.com/listing/208562454 Or as they say, tomorrow is another day and I will have another listing as I wait for spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment