Thursday, November 24, 2016

Finally.....

Yes, it is Thanksgiving Day. I do have a turkey to cook and a pie to make. But still I finally get a chance to update my blog with a few "new" images. Well, actually these were take by my wonderful photographer John Polak last March. Well, except for "desert days" which I snapped myself. Can you tell I have been going non-stop since then?

Still I have one more show--the One of a Kind Show in Chicago December 1-4 at the Merchandise Mart. This should be an adventure. So I decided to add images to my blog post (and even send a note off to my photographer to make an appointment after I return.) Don't we all need color and art in our lives right now?

First here is "two suns." I am not sure of the story of this quilt but I do love the colors and the exuberance.

two suns--quilt--ann brauer--2016

Then there is "prairie sun." Can you tell that I grew up on a farm in the Midwest and love the power of the sun against the horizon?

prairie sun--quilt--ann brauer--2016

"Ocean sunrise" has the reflections of the sun on the water. What do you think?

ocean sunrise--quilt--ann brauer--2016
Then there is "abstractions on the night". I am not sure of the story here either--sometimes I like quilts that express something that I can only ponder and imagine. Maybe you know what I was trying to say?

abstractions on the night--40x40 inches--quilt--Ann Brauer--2016

Finally there is my quilt "desert days". This is the start of a new direction for me where I create complex but simple quilts that read as landscapes. This quilt is already sold although I am working on a new one for the OOAK Show.

desert days--quilt--37x47 inches--Ann Brauer--2016--SOLD

So what do you think? An interesting progression from where I was at the beginning of the year to my more recent landscapes. Hmmm. If you are in the Chicago area, I hope you will consider coming to the OOAK Show. It should be fun.

For more information on that show, please visit their web site: http://oneofakindshowchicago.com/

I am Booth 5121 toward the back.

Then in February I will be doing the Baltimore Craft Show at the Convention Center. March sees me at the Paradise Arts Festival in Marlboro, MA. And of course you can also visit me at my studio in Shelburne Falls, MA or check out my Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/annbrauer

2 comments:

  1. I like your new direction to landscapes. The design opportunities are limitless, but still love the "Sun" series. The two are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, but Desert Days is my favorite. Thanks for posting these photos....

    ReplyDelete