Wednesday, December 2, 2015

new quilts to brighten a winter day

OK--it is grey and raining here. I keep telling myself that at least I do not have to shovel and we probably do need the rain but I miss the bright sunny days we had been having so I decided to show off some of my latest quilts. I just got the images back from my wonderful photographer John Polak.

This quilt I call "pluto is a planet." I made it this past summer as NASA was beginning to release some of the images of Pluto. Call me old fashioned but I do believe that they were wrong to declare that Pluto is a planetoid or whatever they are calling it. Oh well.

pluto is a planet--40x40 inches--quilt--Ann Brauer--2015


"Sunrise" is a hard quilt to display in my booth or even in my studio but I love the shape and colors and think it would be perfect over a sofa or bed. It was a challenge to keep the lines straight and the the two sides balanced but alive with differences.

sunrise--30x80 inches--quilt--Ann Brauer--2015


"Distant fire" reaches up to the sky. It was fun to make three panels which had to be similar but different and then see the effect of joining them together. I love this quilt and vertical quilts are actually easier to display in my booth.

distant fire--80x37.5 inches--quilt--Ann Brauer--2015


I will be bringing them to the Holiday Morristown Show next week-end in Morristown, NJ as well as lots of smaller items. This is the show where you need to download and fill out one pass for each person and you can get complimentary admission. Some great work--some fun crafts--and plenty of items to have on hand as stocking stuffers, hostess gifts or just because. Here is the link to get your pass:

https://artrider.wufoo.com/forms/holiday-craftmorristown-2015-comp-admission-coupon/

And of course I am slowly getting the new work listed on my Etsy shop as well as filling the holes as work sells.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/annbrauer 

Here's hoping the sun is shining where you are.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore "Sunrise". Your talent for color just amazes me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, I am loving your planet quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, you do take Art Quilting to a higher level! You bring such joy to the rest of us. Thanks������

    ReplyDelete