Wednesday, April 2, 2014

the quilts of Ann Brauer--finally April

Dear all,

Finally it is April. This winter that never seems to end is finally ending. The snow is melting. Of course now we have mud--but that to shall pass. I even have a couple of daffodils just poking up through the ground. Soon flowers.

I am getting ready for my last show of the spring season--The Philadelphia Invitational Furniture Show at the 23rd Street Armory in Philadelphia this Saturday and Sunday. I haven't done this show for a while but I know there will be some absolutely amazing hand built furniture. This year there are also five--count them FIVE--quilt makers. We all have different styles so it should be fun to come and check us all out.

I have been working so hard getting ready for this show. My latest addition to my quilts is an intense over-quilting which provides even more texture and substance to the work. Don't you love the simple design and the colors of this quilt--colors of the sky?


colors of the sky--quilt--Ann Brauer--2014

Another piece I am very proud of is "blue river in autumn" which I finished yesterday. Here is the wall hanging before I added the binding. Yes, it is long. About 76 inches long. I have intensely quilted the rust colored fabrics while leaving the blue river flowing freely.


blue river in autumn--12x76"--Ann Brauer--2014

Speaking of long. Yes, they are still working on my building. Yesterday they blew in the insulation to keep the place toasty warm. Soon they will start sheet rocking. Needless to say I can hardly wait. Patience is not my strong suit.

Well enough for now. I hope to see some of you at the Furniture Show--the discount ticket is attached below. For others, I do keep posting new items on my Etsy shop. www.etsy.com/shop/annbrauer And I will be working in my studio when I am not at shows--although if you are coming from a distance I suggest calling to be sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment