Saturday, October 5, 2013

the quilts of Ann Brauer--autumn leaves

Yes, October is speeding by. The leaves out here are turning the most wonderful golds, rusts and really bright reds. My garden is awash in leeks, celeriac, parsley, peppers, tomatillas and tomatoes. Our three pumpkins--boo, Boo and BOO are sitting on the porch. And most importantly, we have a new kitten. Black with white paws and a white underbelly. She is absolutely darling as she chases her tail around and around the living room floor.

Meanwhile I have been busy in the studio finishing my fall orders, showing my quilts to the many tourists in town--this year they seem to be coming from Japan, Germany and Canada as well as many from the States. Amazing how the colors that surround me influence the quilts that I make. Don't  these placemats just glow with the colors of autumn?

Gold placemat--13x19"--Ann Brauer


Now onto the news. Next week-end I will be showing at the Paradise City Arts Festival in Northampton, MA October 12-14. For those who have been this is an event not to be missed with more than 260 top artists including fine crafts, jewelry, painting and of course the amazing sculpture garden. In addition several of Northampton's best restaurants will be serving food--I do spend more time eating there than perhaps I should. And there is great music in the food tent daily. I am Booth 924 in the Main Building right by the food tent--as I said the food is good. For more information and discounted tickets go to www.paradisecityarts.com  And needless to say--the studio will be closed October 11-14 as I set up and show in Northampton.

Later in this month I will be driving to the Washington Craft Show at the Convention Center in Washington, DC. This year the show is early--November 1-3 but promises to be as spectacular as ever and should provide some escape from the drama that exists. But enough about that.  I will write more about this show later this month but for more info: www.washingtoncraftshow.com

And hopefully next week I should see more progress on my building. It can take a while apparently to get the plumbers. Sigh.

Now for the Quilt of the Month. This month I chose "Red sky". It is a quilt I made in magentas and teals that captures the moment when the sun bursts above the horizon. The quilt itself is 32x48". Normally it is $800 but for the next ten days or until sold it is $400 plus tax and shipping. I did list it on my Etsy shop so if you are interested do check it out here or feel free to contact me with questions.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/164702604/red-sky-is-an-art-quilt-in-magenta-and?ref=shop_home_active

red sky--32x48"--quilt--Ann Brauer

If I am not at a show, I should be working in my studio though as you can tell from this letter, do contact me first if you are coming from a distance. And I do have some of my smaller items--eyeglass cases, pillows and purses posted on my Etsy shop if you want. www.etsy.com/shop/AnnBrauer

Hope you all enjoy the colors of the season.






No comments:

Post a Comment