Thursday, December 2, 2010

the quilts of Ann Brauer--December news

I can't believe it is December already. How quickly I can follow the shadow of the sun as it moves up Massamont. When I get home, the coals need to be raked, the woodstoves  filled. I do love the crackle of the fire as it hums along, that wonderful red orange yellow color that promises warmth. The sunrise and sunset--I get to see both these days. Again red and orange against the sky.

I am busy preparing for the CraftBoston Holiday Show December 10-12. While I have not done this show before, I have only heard great things about it. Lots of wonderful gorgeous work--perfect for those gifts lists (or yourself). I will have lots of potholders, placemats and runners as well as some new quilts.  I am in Booth 703D--a little room off the main hall--but the show is small enough I am sure you will find me. Check it out--there are some amazing artists here: http://craftboston.org/holidayindex.asp

Meanwhile I just shipped my quilt--rivers for the show Enchanted Rivers at The National Quilt Museum in Paducah, KY. The show opens on December 9 and runs to March, 2011. It should be a wonderful show and I do feel so honored to be included. A bit closer to home, the exhibit SewNew: Contemporary Art Quilts at the OSilas Gallery of Concordia College in Bronxville, NY continues until December 12. I have heard this is an absolutely lovely show--worth making the trip to see it. My quilt summer sky is included.

If I am not at shows, I will be at the studio in Shelburne Falls  most days filling holiday orders and beginning to create new work for January. There are so many quilts I want to make for the Baltimore Show in February.


No comments:

Post a Comment